Tuesday, October 27, 2009

She was a Real Hero

Today, I had the distinct privilege to attend a moving event honoring a very special woman who put her life on the line day in and day out to rescue a little boy during the Holocaust. For two years, Louise Roger hid little Huburt (today Ehud Leob) in her home in France. Today, Ehud and his family, along with the Yad Vashem Chairman and staff, the French Ambassador to Israel, Holocaust survivors and French educators, paid tribute to her in the Garden of the Righteous at Yad Vashem.

Louise Roger’s grandson Robert, when asked why his grandmother decided to hide Ehud, said, “She didn’t decide, it just happened. My father came to her with Ehud. It wasn’t a question, it was her heart speaking…. She was a simple woman with a huge heart….”



Reflecting on his time with the Roger family, Ehud Leob noted that, “They encouraged me to keep my religion, in the hopes that my parents would return… They not only saved my life, they saved my Jewish identity…I found refuge and love with her. She was a real hero… After the war, you could see a picture of me, of one little orphan. Today, I’m here with a big family. That is my victory.” Click here for the full story





1 comment:

  1. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little homework on that. And he in fact bought me lunch because I found it for him
    WOW Gold
    World of Warcraft Gold

    ReplyDelete